Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shrimp Boil

I have been wanting to do a shrimp boil forever, but have just never done it...until today. Truthfully, I got the final push from my neighbor who did it last weekend. I went over to her house to drop off a large chunk of Parker's bday cake (more on that later) and cookie party favors for her two kiddos since they couldn't make it to the party. We chatted for a bit and she told me that she had made shrimp boil and that it was really good and easy. I didn't really research a recipe...kinda just did my own thing. I figured, how hard can it be??? It turns out not at all. Sooo easy and sooo delicious!


Gather it:
Raw shrimp (I used frozen since my grocer store's "fresh" counter had a sign that said previously frozen and it was more expensive. I got the large sized and already deveined shrimp, 30-35 count).
1 pkg of beef kielbasa (already cooked), cut into large chunks
2 ears of fresh corn, cut into thirds
6 large red potatoes, quartered
1 fresh lemon, quartered
1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning
1 bottle of beer (hubby happened to have a bottle of Yueng Ling so that's what I used)
Make it:
1. In a large pot, boil water (I used our pasta pot and filled it 3/4) and beer with Old Bay seasoning. Add potatoes once it comes to a rolling boil and cook for about 8 min until almost done.

2. Add corn and cook for about 5 minutes.

3. Add kielsbasa and squeeze lemons and then add the peel to the pot. Cook for another 4 minutes.

4. Lower heat to a simmer and add shrimp. Boil until pink and cooked through.


And that's it! Kevin and the kids were swimming while I was cooking and they were not ready to come inside yet so I brought dinner out and sat by the pool, large white Christmas lights on around the pool cage, Bob Marley playing in the background, sipping wine (beer in Kevin's case), and watching the kids jump in the pool, run up to us and ask for a bite. It was easy clean up since Kevin and I just ate straight from the platter and used a paper plate for the shrimp peel and corn cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!