Saturday, December 29, 2012

Crockpot 3 packet Pot Roast

I LOVE this dinner! It's so easy and yummy...I know I say that all the time, but seriously those are pretty much my requirements when cooking. I especially love crockpot meals b/c I don't have to do much. I'm not a fan of crockpot meals where you have to pre-cook the meat then dump it into the crockpot. There are many crockpot pot roast meals where it tells you to sear the meat on a pan first. Umm, yeah...no thanks!


This meal came from Pinterest (surprise!), but I've made my own changes. Here's my version:

Ingredients:
2 lb beef roast
1 packet of ranch dressing
1 packet of Italian dressing
1 packet of brown gravy mix
carrots
frozen peas
1/2 cup of water

Directions:
1. Empty all 3 packets into crockpot with water. Mix until well incorporated.

2. Place meat in crock pot. Roll around in mixture until all sides are covered in the mixture.

3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8hours.

4. Add carrots (I used microwaveable carrots which are smaller and thinner than baby carrots and cook pretty fast) and frozen peas about 30 minutes before the end of the cook time. You can probably use regular carrots cut into smaller pieces and put it in the same time as the meat, but I usually only buy microwaveable carrots b/c that's what the kids snack on).

And that's it! Serve with rice or mashed potatoes. I promise it is delicious! My whole family gobbles it up! ENJOY!!!!

This is the original recipe.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!