Wednesday, December 12, 2012

baked chicken leg quarters

I love oven baked chicken leg quarters! The crispy skin (weirdly enough I used to hate eating the skin, now I love it) and the juicy meat inside. Bonus is that it's cheap (I paid less than $8 for 6 leg quarters) and it's fairly easy to make. No, this recipe wasn't pinned (surprising I know), but it's my own "creation".

Ingredients:
6 chicken leg quarters, cleaned and trimmed of extra fat (don't trim it all away b/c fat = juicy chicken)
~ 2 Tbsp of sea salt
~ 1/2 Tbsp of freshly cracked black pepper
~ 1 Tbsp of dried parsley (optional, but I like the dark green flecks on the chicken)

*** FYI: I don't measure the salt, pepper, and parsley. I eyeball about how much I will need, but I think I use about this much. ***

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Mix together salt, pepper, and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.

3. Get a cookie sheet ready (line with heavy duty foil to help with cleanup - I ran out though) and place a cookie rack on top (this is the only rack I have - it's not required, but it helps keep the chicken develop crispy skin instead of getting soggy from the fat that will drip down to the cookie sheet, plus it eliminates the extra fat). Set aside.

4. Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the chicken (including the back) and rub it in. If you can open up the skin of the thigh without ripping it, then put some of the mixture under the skin too. Just be careful to not over-season. I did this last time and I made it a little too salty. Place on top of rack.

5. Bake for about 1 hour until cooked through.


Enjoy this easy, yummy meal! By the way, my iPhone made the chicken look a little pink...I assure you it was fully cooked and not pink at all! To see the recipe for the stuffing, click here.






post signature






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!