Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

A year ago today was my first day as a stay at home mom. It's the hardest job I've ever had, but also the most rewarding. Sure it's enough to make me want to have a tantrum of my own when the kids throw one...at the same time...for 30 minutes over something as silly as asking why aren't you wearing underwear or why did you hit your brother and I'd be rich if I had a $1 for every time I said "no hitting/pushing/kicking", but these two little lovies are so sweet and loving. I love that when I tell them to go get a book, they immediately grab one and head straight for my lap...not beside me, but plop their skinny little bums on my lap. They give hugs and kisses when I ask (usually). They love to hold my hand while walking from the living room to the fridge to get a drink or just because. Soon they'll be bigger than me (ok no small feat since I'm only 5'1" and my kids are taking after their Dad so far and are pretty tall, but I digress). I try to remember that they won't always want to cuddle and give me hugs...they will be embarrassed and will want me to drop them off a block away from school. Kisses will be a thing of the past and I'll be lucky if I can drop a quick little kiss on their heads before they run away mortified. Happy Anniversary to us!

My babies at the beach around this time last year. 






post signature


1 comment:

  1. they look like babies there! where does the time go?!?! :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and comment below!