Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Hi, Santa!

We went to see Santa on Wednesday night. We told Parker we were going to visit him at the mall and he got very excited and started talking about what else...black train!

The line was pretty long so Kevin stood in line while I took the kids to the playground. Side note: a little girl who was about 4-5 yrs old took a liking to Avery and came right over when we walked in the playground. She sat next to Avery while I took her shoes off and just walked by her, occasionally touching Avery's pigtails, which made me laugh. Then Avery came over to me and started to act shy when the little girl followed her. Avery stuck her face into my arm and hid. Then the little girl says the funniest thing: "I'm not a bad guy. Can we play?". lol

Anyway, by the time we were ready to leave, Kevin had text messaged me telling me to start heading back. So we stood in line for another 15-20 minutes. I played Santa up. Parker I figured would be fine b/c he has really been into Santa. We actually met Santa last year when we were in NC watching a tree lighting ceremony. Parker just walked up to him without being prompted and even let us take a bunch of pictures! So this year, I figured he'd be fine too. I was more worried about Miss Sassy. I was 90% sure she would flip out and scream like her head was on fire.Well, you can see for yourself what happened.


I had talked to Parker about giving us a "nice" smile. But, he gave us his fake/goofy "smile". At first he was fine and giving a little smile, but Avery's shrieking really unnerved him, I think. He gave her a look as if to say: "What are you doing? This is Santa! You can't cry! You will not get any toys if you keep crying!". So $22 later, this is the picture I get: screaming 19 month old and a grimacing 3 yr old. lol But it's def one to keep and show future girlfriends and boyfriends. 

How did your kids do when they first met and sat on Santa's lap?


post signature

1 comment:

Leave me some love and comment below!