Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Lunch & Gift

I'm not huge on celebrating Valentine's Day. It was never a big thing growing up and even when Kevin and I were dating we never did much for it. I love that it's a day about love, but we celebrate that every day. I'm still not huge on it, but Parker is almost 3.5 years old and he has been doing Valentine's Day stuff at school so he knows what it's about. Plus it's his first Valentine's Day since starting school and I wanted to do something extra special and cute for his lunch...maybe entice him to eat his lunch more at school. Nothing big or time consuming but I'm sure he'd get a kick out of it. I wish I could bribe one of his teachers to take a picture of his reaction!

I'm cheesy...I cut his strawberries, carrots, and rice cake (or as Parker calls it popcorn cake) into little hearts. I was going to do a heart shaped peanut butter sandwich, but Parker has developed an aversion to them since Sunday and the kid rarely eats turkey sandwiches. For protein he gets a hard boiled egg. You can't see it, but the cupcake liners have red and pink hearts all over it. 


Everything smushed together. I added 5 little peanut butter stuffed pretzels as a special treat. 


And umm, slacker mom I decided to do something super easy for gifts for his friends in his speech class. Miss Phyllis got the same gift...I was going to do an additional gift, but Valentine's Day kind of snuck up on me! lol Anyway, I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was so easy! Plus it's something he can give to his 2 friends that are boys that isn't all sweet and lovey! I went to the Dollar Store and bought the rulers. It came in packs of 2 so I only spent $2 since I already had the red paper and the red ribbon. Parker kept saying he wanted a ruler...bad Mommy didn't buy him one so I promised him that I'd go to the store and buy him one. Parker picked which color ruler he wanted to give to his friends and Ms. Phyllis. He was very adamant! 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!