Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crockpot Beef Stew

I threw this meal together before work yesterday...in the 10 minutes I had to chop and dice everything. It was so easy and I got a text from Kevin while I was still at work saying that it was really good. Both kids gobbled it up too! I made a large meal out of it so that we could have leftovers and dinner tonight too since I knew it would be crazy hectic tonight.


Gather it:
2 lbs of cubed beef stew (or you can cube up your own large hunk of meat)
4 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
4 large red potatoes, quartered
1 medium sweet potato, quartered
4 celery stalks, large half moons
32 oz carton of chicken stock (beef probably would have been better, but I didn't have any)
dried parsley
freshly cracked black pepper

Make it:
1) Place all veggies, parsley, and black pepper in crockpot and cover with stock.

2) Place beef on top of veggies.

3) Cook on low for 8 hours.

We ate it with rice and it was delicious. Make sure to scoop up some of the broth to go over the rice...YUMMY! Oh and Kevin and I added a bit of salt and more black pepper to our dishes.

Note: Next time I will add onions and garlic, but I'm all out. Also, the sweet potatoes cooked a lot faster than the other veggies so next time I'm going to cut it into larger chunks since it kind of fell apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!