Monday, April 29, 2013

Gardening Season 2013

Ok so calling it a garden is probably a stretch, but whatever. You might recall from this post that the kids and I went to Home Depot on Easter Sunday to buy some gardening materials. We planted our garden and I'm sad to say that I'm not as into it this year as I was last year. Probably b/c I wake up at 6:45 am, don't get home til 7:30 pm, I'm playing with the kids, and doing stuff around the house until 11. Anyway, we 3 containers and we planted: daisies, beets, and sweet peppers.

blurry pic of my daisies...they're growing, but barely. This was a couple of weeks ago so there's more "sprouts" and some have gotten bigger, but nothing to get too excited about.
my baby beets sprouted about a week after they were planted

Baby beets about 2 wks ago

my gorgeous baby beets on Saturday...then a few seconds after taking this pic this HUGE worm (Kevin said it looked like a caterpillar) literally crawled from under all the soil and just stared at me! Ok, it didn't stare at me, but I did shriek when I saw it. Kevin threw it into our crazy neighbor's yard (shhh!!!), but I swear if that stinkin' worm ate all my baby beets I'm gonna be so mad!!! They should be ready in another 3-4 weeks!

My peppers are barely growing...I think there are maybe 2 little teeny tiny sprouts coming up. Nothing worth mentioning really.

Parker has really loved watching our garden grow. I have the pot of daisies by our garage and every time we come home he points out my pretty "flowers". He also likes to look out my bedroom door to see the beets growing. I wonder if he'll try a bite once I pull them up??? He loved our cucumbers last year! Then again he and Avery love cucumbers in general.

I still have other plants that I want to plant, but just haven't had the time. April has been such a busy month for us. We've had something going on every weekend and I was out of town 2 weekends in a row. I'm hoping May will be calmer month for us!


 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!