Friday, April 5, 2013

Chicken Taco Salad

I had nothing to do with this meal...it was all the hubby. When I get home from work the kids are usually already bathe and in their pajamas and I just spend time with them before they head off to bed. Well my wonderful hubby fixed this up while I was busy racing Lightnight McQueen in my left hand and holding Goodnight Moon on my right hand and ready while Avery sat on my lap. This dinner takes me back to when I was little and my mom and I used to make taco salads for dinner. I have not had a homemade taco salad in forever! Super easy...of course it was...I didn't do anything! lol



Gather it:
flour tortillas
rotisserrie chicken, shredded
yellow rice, cooked according to package directions
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large tomato, diced and seeded
1 small red onion, diced
fresh cilantro,
shredded cheddar cheese
lime wedge

Make it:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Arrange tortilla in an oven safe bowl that is deep enough to create a "bowl" for your stuffing. Bake  until edges are golden brown and crispy...let's ignore the burn section of my tortilla bowl!

2. Scoop a little bit of everything into tortilla bowl and squeeze lemon juice over everything.

Hubby also used his special sauce...a must try!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!