Saturday, April 27, 2013

Wedge Salad

I don't know about you, but I've never been a huge fan of iceberg lettuce...that is until I had a wedge salad. I've had wedge salads before, but for some reason my taste bud changed the weekend of my 5th wedding anniversary. All the restaurants we went to had a wedge salad and for some reason each one just drew my eye!


Yesterday afternoon I asked Kevin to go to Publix after work to get some ingredients to make a wedge salad. I JUST HAD TO HAVE A WEDGE SALAD FOR DINNER!!! Thankfully he indulged my craving and had it all pretty much prepared by the time I got home from work. Have I said before that I have the most amazing husband??? My stomach was growling during the drive home and my mouth was literally watering at the thought of that first bite. Crazy? Yeah probably!

The kids had already eaten, but my kids like to eat off my plate, especially Avery. She kept asking for "more sah-wee". I would only give her small pieces of lettuce with a little dressing. One time I snuck a little piece of bacon and her eyes lit up as if I had just given her chocolate! lol Parker will occasionally eat salad too, but he didn't want a bite of mine. Is it bad that I was a little relieved since I already had to share my plate with Avery? lol Anyway here's the deliciously mouth watering wedge salad recipe:

Gather it:
1 head of iceberg lettuce, quartered (you can cut it in smaller wedges, but this was dinner so we had bigger portions)
tomatoes, diced and seeded
red onion, diced
bacon, cooked and crumbled
blue cheese crumbles
hard boiled eggs
blue cheese dressing
freshly ground pepper

Make it:
1) Hard boil eggs and fry bacon. Allow both to cool. You can place eggs in an icewater bath to cool faster. Meanwhile cut and dice everything else.

2) Place lettuce wedge on plate and top with everything else.

The Friday before our anniversary we went to Mitchell's Fish Market for drinks and then the wedge salad literally called out my name...I think the dressing was homemade and I was tempted to ask if I could buy a bottle of it!
This was our actual anniversary dinner at Island Way. I was only going to get sushi, but again the wedge salad just kept saying: "pick me! pick me!". It was good, but I think they decided to add the bacon drippings too and def slathered on the dressing, which wasn't homemade and not as good as Mitchell's. Regardless, it was still delicious.

Typing this all up makes me want another wedge salad...at 8:15 am...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!