Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Not our best pic, but it's the only one we got of the 4 of us. Yes our tree is already up. Kevin put the actual tree and lights up last Sunday and we decorated on Monday. We normally put it up the day after Thanksgiving, but I knew I would have such a crazy schedule at work and may not have time to. I like to put it up right after Thanksgiving so I can enjoy it for a long time. If I could get away with it, I'd keep it up all year - I love all the lights and it's so festive and cheery!

Anyway, today was a rough day for me. I got home last night not feeling well. I was sneezing like crazy at work, but I wasn't sure if it was from the dust or getting sick. By the end of the night my throat felt all scratchy. I went to bed feeling like somebody had beaten me with a bat. Parker woke up around 2:30 am to pee and he came to my side of the bed to tell me he had to go potty. I could NOT get out of bed. I asked him if Daddy could take him (he typically prefers I take him - good thing for him b/c Daddy could probably sleep through a hurricane!) and thankfully he said yes, so I may or may not have smacked Kevin awake after he didn't respond to me asking him to take Parker to the bathroom. I passed out after I felt Kevin get up.

Kevin and Parker woke up early and did the turkey trot with my sister in law and her family. I would have gone (maybe...possibly) if I wasn't feeling so crummy and if I didn't have to WORK!!! Yep, Old Navy was open on Thanksgiving day! Apparently last year they were busy. Well...not today. I spent the 5 hours I was there eating (we had our own mini Thanksgiving dinner), playing Mario on the Wii, getting to know some of my co-workers, following guests around and folding stuff they just discarded and helped a handful of them out.

When I got home I made my desserts and loaded mashed potatoes, cuddled my little who just wanted her "mah-may", and trying nto to keel over and die. Then we (including my mom who came down to visit) loaded up in the truck and headed over to my sister in law's house for dinner. Let's say that we had PLENTY of food including a big table full of dessert. Everything was delicious and I ate A LOT!!!

Although, I'm sick (Parker has an occasional runny nose and cough too), I have a lot to be thankful for. My family is generally in good health, I have a husband whom I adore, 2 precious kids, and family and friends that are just amazing. Life is good!

Oh and here's some pics from Parker's Thanksgiving program at school last Thursday...he is of course sitting right next to Mrs. B. He adores her! Or he could be sitting next to her b/c he's a big troublemaker! lol We talked to Mrs. B after the program for a bit. Parker ran right up to her and gave her a hug and she picked him up and gave him a cuddle - I love that! She told me that Parker was so sweet and his first words when he got to school was to ask her if she was feeling better and if she threw up. I explained to her that the first thing he told me when I picked him up through the car line on Tuesday was to tell me that you weren't at school (which I already knew b/c she wasn't in the car line). I told him that you may not be feeling good and he interprets being sick with throwing up. Poor kiddo was so concerned about Mrs. B. that he kept asking about her on Wednesday (no school) and on the way to school on Thursday.

singing...glad he participated!

and then he was more hat...and yawning...

waving hi to me...the boy in the green shirt kept saying "Hi Mommy" so anytime he said that Parker felt like he had to one up him and also say hi to me. Of course the other 3 year olds also felt like they had to say hi to their mom's so there was quite a few choruses of "Hi Mommy" throughout the program. lol

"Hi Mommy, I see you!"

the kids didn't get a snack at school and apparently all Parker could talk about that morning was having popcorn for snack. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!