Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Simply Maize

I'm typically not a breakfast person. It's just not a meal I eat regularly (cue phone call from my mom so she can lecture her 32 year old daughter on why breakfast is the most important meal of the day). The only time I ever ate breakfast regularly was when I was pregnant with both kids...and that was b/c I HAD TO eat to feed my babies. Plus I also got extremely nauseous if I even got the tiniest bit hungry so I tried to avoid that feeling at all costs.


Buuuuut, this morning I had the yummiest cereal...EVER! Publix had some BOGO cereals on Sunday so I was trying to find something for the kids. I try to buy cereal only if it is BOGO b/c have you looked at cereal prices lately? I mean $5 for a small box? Plus they usually have a high sugar content and have a bunch of ingredients that I can't pronounce. I mean even Honey Nut Cheerios have a lot of sugar. Ok, so what I think is high might not be high to you - I suppose it's all relative. And don't get me wrong the kids eat that stuff once in a while...in fact they just polished off a box of Pops (talk about crazy high sugar!). I had decided I wasn't going to buy any cereal, but as I pushed my cart down the aisle I saw a bunch of Kashi cereals that were 2 for $5. I looked at the sugar content: 6g!!! Woo hoo!!! I grabbed a box of the Simply Maize and looked at the ingredients: organic whole grain corn, organic evaporated cane juice, salt, and organic molasses. Okaaay I can pronounce the ingredients...and it's organic! I was a bit worried about how they'd taste, but I threw 2 of them in my cart and promptly forgot about them until this morning. I had about 15 min of quiet time this morning so I decided to eat a bowl of cereal and read a book. This cereal is like a cross between a rice krispy and a corn flake...I'll call it a puffed corn flake. It has the perfect amount of sweetness. This was so yummy that I actually chose to have it for dinner tonight too! lol

Have you tried this yummy goodness? What's your favorite cereal?




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and comment below!